I had a fabulous breakfast of Yoplait Greek Yogurt, Trader Joe’s Very Cherry Blend and Blueberry Flax and Kashi Go Lean Crunch!
And look at my calendar for the month of June, I am totally loving all the colors and the phrase on it ( With the new day comes new strengths and new thoughts) I think it’s a great mantra.
I am really digging this whole not being too busy thing going on. I actually got to take a 15 minute break this morning and go to the post office and drug store then I went to the Ghetto Hippies for some produce and got some good buys for $3.40
I brought in a frozen meal lunch, which is a huge rarity for me. I had Cedarlane’s Burrito Grande. I am a bit skeptical of frozen meals due to the sodium count and lack of flavor and it just looked good on the cover.
I love how photos deceive sometimes. Mine was not that fluffy or colorful on the inside.
And I just love how it says Serving Suggested on the front but there are two servings in one box-grrrr. I would rather have them just say what the full nutritional content is for the whole thing instead of per serving but oh well.
This was surprisingly good. It was still crispy after reheating it and packed with flavor. I could really taste the cilantro and the green chile sauce was very smooth and tasty.
I read Daisy Fuentes’ book on the bus ride home from work and finished the entire thing.
I think it’s geared towards younger girls but still enjoyed it. She mentioned this list compiled by Pamela Redmond Satran back in 1997 and I still think it holds true
30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the Time She’s 30 by Pamela Redmond Satran
By 30, you should have:
1. One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come.
2. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
4. A purse, a suitcase and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying.
5. A youth you’re content to move beyond.
6. A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age—and some money set aside to help fund it.
8. An e-mail address, a voice mailbox and a bank account—all of which nobody has access to but you.
9. A résumé that is not even the slightest bit padded.
10. One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
11. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill and a black lace bra.
12. Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.
13. The belief that you deserve it.
14. A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30.
15. A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship and all those other facets of life that do get better.
By 30, you should know:
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself.
2. How you feel about having kids.
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
4. When to try harder and when to walk away.
5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next.
6. The names of: the secretary of state, your great-grandmother and the best tailor in town.
7. How to live alone, even if you don’t like to.
8. How to take control of your own birthday.
9. That you can’t change the length of your calves, the width of your hips or the nature of your parents.
10. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over.
11. What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love.
12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs or not flossing for very long.
13. Who you can trust, who you can’t and why you shouldn’t take it personally.
14. Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault.
15. Why they say life begins at 30.
Ok so some of the stuff on the Things You Should Know I totally don’t know such as
*How to quit a job, break up with a man and confront a friend without ruining the friendship. -I’m super bad with confrontation with people I know. Strangers on the other hand, I don’t mind confronting
*Who you can trust, who you can’t and why you shouldn’t take it personally. Unfortunately I like to see the good in people and am naïve but I am working on that
Regarding things you should have, I have all of those (except the cordless drill) but my favorites are
*A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age. –I could write a book about my life and the shenanigans that have occurred.
*One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come –Is it bad if I have three or four like this
*A résumé that is not even the slightest bit padded. I don’t need to pad b/c I am awesome 🙂
*One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry –ESSENTIAL in life!
I love this list. I even printed out a copy for me to keep so I can reference easily but I think this list is just fabulous. Props to Pamela!
On the way home, the bus was really quiet. Well quiet until I read Diana’s post about Bobby Flay’s restaurant, Mesa Grill. Seriously, look at the wild mushroom quesadillas they had. My stomach started rumbling and people were looking around while I was drooling and laughing while reading her post.
When I got home, I was super hungry and gave into my sweet craving that’s been nagging me all day. I had a single portion of Skinny Cow Strawberry Chessecake.
This was decadent and perfect for my sweet tooth. Lincoln liked it also.
And if you don’t think I’m sending these picture to Skinny Cow, you would be wrong.
In an attempt to make something other than Mexican for dinner, I made chicken stir fry
The veggies and chicken on the stove top
I seasoned with 1.4 packet of this stuff (without the flour or sugar though. I put in two splenda packets instead)
And nuked an Asian Sensation egg roll
Once this was all done, I threw over a bowl of brown rice
And of course, dessert was a fortune cookie!
My legs are still killing me and I think I did something to my right hamstring when stepping up on the bus today, it hurts so much. But I am itching to do something so I fit a strength training session in tonight
20 lb Kettlebell
*Side Bends (13 reps, 3 sets)
*Halos ( 13 reps, 2 sets)
*Shrugs (13 reps, 3 sets)
*Bentover Row (13 reps, 2 sets)
10 lb dumbbell
*Lateral Raise (13 reps, 3 sets)
*Tricep Kickbacks (13 reps, 1 set)
*Front Shoulder Raise (13 reps, 2 sets)
15 lb dumbbell
*Shoulder Press (13 reps, 3 sets)
*Concentration Curl (13 reps, 2 sets)
A nice little workout for the night. I can’twait for my legs to feel better so I can do more jumping around, squats, planks, etc.
Post workout snack was Chobani 2% Plain Greek Yogurt with a squirt of maple syrup
Goals for the month of June
*Cut down on cheese. I love cheese, I would live in a house made of cheese and wear cheese inspired clothes if it were socially acceptable. But do I really need as much cheese as I like? Negatron.
*Try other ethnic cuisines. I like Mexican food if you can’t tell and love to cook but rarely venture outside my comfort zone with cooking. I need to start looking up other ethnic recipes to try to roll with it.
*Incorporate more strength training in my workout regime. Since running is pretty much a no go for me right now, I am going to stick to walking but work out more with my kettlebell and dumbbells.
Hope everyone is having a Happy Hump Day!!
PS—Check out Missy’s site for an awesome SmartSole Exercise Insole giveaway!!