I can breathe
I can smell
I have no tickle in my throat
And snot?? What’s snot?
It’s a miracle!
I took some Mucinex and Zyrtec Thursday morning and once I did, a complete 180 happened. I wasn’t sneezing, sniffling or feeling like all around crap.
I even found enough energy to whip out my camera while at a stop light because I had to take a picture of the mini van with its reindeer ears still on in February!
I think they saw me take a picture because they proceeded to drive terribly slow, not use their indicator, swerve within the lane (possibly drunk at 8A?) and all things annoying when I’m trying to get to work on time.
I was most excited about eating foods they weren’t scorching hot or liquid, since that’s all I’ve been craving since Monday.
Anytime I’m sick, all I want is super hot soup preferably hot and sour- or ice cream. I dodged temptation from buying a gallon of ice cream this time around, go me!
The real reason I wanted to get better was so I could enjoy Cowfish. My friend and I have been trying to make plans to go but fate keeps telling us it’s not in the stars. We had reservations, which I never would have though we needed reservations for a restaurant in Charlotte on a Thursday night, but apparently the wait without a reservation was two hours. Some of you may remember Cowfish from when I went to their soft opening. This was my first time back since then so I was interested to see if it would live up to the soft opening.
All sake is half off on Thursday night. Hello lover!
I really want to get a sake bomb but didn’t want to get sloshed so we got the sake sampler which includes (from left to right)
*warm sake (the only time I like it warm is when it’s dropped in a beer
*sparkling sake (mmmmm)
*regular sake (again, would be good in a beer)
*unfiltered sake (it looked like a shot of jizz)
*plum sake (my favorite!)
A great deal for $6, especially if you want to try different sake’s!
I wanted a burger but I also wanted sushi. I tried their burgushi last time I went but wasn’t blown away by it but soon saw a perfect solution to what I was looking for–a bento box!
More places should offer bento boxes–I love that I could get a burger (topped with roasted red pepper and goat cheese), sushi, edamame, sweet potato fries and cucumber salad living together in harmony all on one platter in front of me!
We were sitting near the bar and one of the managers swung by telling us that they had an extra spiked milkshake leftover and if we wanted it. Answer-hell to the yeah! It was spiked with dark and light rums plus banana, ice cream and strawberry. A few sips floored me and I could not stop sucking down on it. Yay for booze but double yay with a cherry on top for free booze. I had a great experience again but don’t think Cowfish will be a regular spot for me. The sushi rolls range from $12 to $18 which is a lot of money in my book for one roll. I need to find a man to take me here soon!
I had a fabulous breakfast of quick oats this morning that left me warm and fuzzy!
with walnuts, shredded coconut, cinnamon and flax
I needed a bunch of energy to go pilaging
Ok, maybe not pillaging exactly but I was being sketchy and on a mission to check out all the empty cubes on our floor to dee if I could find any goodies
File organizer, markers and a sweet and sour sauce? Aw yeah bitches! Sadly, I’m most excited about the sauce.
Maybe I should check if the sauce has an expiration date? God knows how long it’s been sitting in a dreary, sad, gray cubicle. But then again, a happy meal lasted four years so I should be ok if I dip some chicken into this sauce.
Speaking of sauce, I tried something new for lunch……Indian food! I’ve been very adamant in the past about not diggin the Indian food because I cannot stomach the smell or taste of curry. But I want to try new things and give it a second chance so Indian it was. One of my co-workers suggested an Indian place in our work building and we were on it like tiki on masala! I haven’t taken an actual lunch in ages so it was nice to get out of the cubicle, chow and chat with a co-workers.
I got some chicken and veggie combo but still have no clue what it was
I love that my co-worker let me take a picture of his food as well……and he didn’t even question why I was taking pictures of food.
The portions are sick–so much food for so cheap! And you know what? I loved it! I ate all of it up and it kept me full for a loooooong time. So long that I came home from work, hung out and went to the gym without having dinner first. If I go to the gym at night I always have dinner first.
I had a decent workout including 35 minutes on the Crossramp doing intervals and then some upper body strength training action but I need to figure out how to change my weight on my Polar since I think it’s underestimating my calorie burn-if anyone knows how to let me know!
When I got home from the gym, I was finally ready for some food yet had no idea what I wanted. So, I went towards old faithful-homemade pizza using Trader Joe’s whole wheat pizza dough. This was a different pizza from what I’ve tried in the past. Why you ask?
*Sweet peppers and tomatoes as the toppings. I’ve never used fresh tomatoes as a topping on my own pizza so I just hoped it would turn out well. I drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and oregano to give it a little pizzaz.
* Newman’s Own Vodka Sauce-I was out of marinara and had this sitting all the way in the back of the cupboard. I haven’t had vodka sauce in a long time and welcomed it back into my life with open arms.
Such a delicious, fresh pizza to make and a perfect end to the week!
Day 7-Your zodiac sign and if you think it fits your personality
I’m a Sagittarius (from Astrology Online):
Sagittarians have a positive outlook on life, are full of enterprise, energy, versatility, adventurousness and eagerness to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. They enjoy travelling and exploration, the more so because their minds are constantly open to new dimensions of thought. They are basically ambitious and optimistic, and continue to be so even when their hopes are dashed. Their strongly idealistic natures can also suffer many disappointments without being affected. They are honorable, honest, trustworthy, truthful, generous and sincere, with a passion for justice. They are usually on the side of the underdog in society they will fight for any cause they believe to be just, and are prepared to be rebellious. They balance loyalty with independence.
They have both profound and widely ranging minds, equipped with foresight and good judgement, and they can be witty conversationalists. They love to initiate new projects (they make excellent researchers) and have an urge to understand conceptions that are new to them. they think rapidly, are intuitive and often original, but are better at adapting than inventing and are at their best when working with colleagues of other types of character that compliment their own. They are strong-willed and good at organizing, a combination that gives them the ability to bring any project they undertake to a successful conclusion. Their generosity can be balanced by their extreme care at handling their resources.In other personal relationships they are reliable, seldom betraying any trust given to them. They can, however, be impulsively angry and both male and female Sagittarians know how to be outspoken and exactly what expressions will hurt their adversaries most
Yep, from reading that I’m a Sagittarius—that describes me perfectly.
But then all this drama with the 13th sign happened and supposedly now I’m a Ophiuchus. When I started to read the traits of the O, I didn’t think I could fit the bill but then I continued reading and turns out I could very well be an O. I keep saying O b/c I have no clue how to pronounce my new sign. Provided by Buzzle (the ones in bold are ones I agree with about myself, the ones in bold and italicized are ones I 150% agree with about myself):
- People who fall under this sign are knowledge and wisdom seekers and try to do the same throughout their lives.
- These people are favored by authority figures.
- They have a flamboyant dressing sense and are seen to prefer bright colors.
- These people are seen to progress well throughout their lives. Steadily and surely.
- It is their success that earns them many jealous onlookers as well as enemies with the evil eye.
- It is a sign that attracts a lot of good luck and blessings.
- They have varied astrological talents.
- They are very intuitive and have a lot of foresight.
- These people look to heal and attain a higher position in life.
- They are bored of monotony and seek change in their routine.
- They think with their hearts.
- They are straightforward and honest.
- They have a high sex appeal and are known to be charismatic. This is what makes them very popular among others.
- They hate overbearing rules and restrictions and love their space and freedom to explore new avenues and satisfy their curiosity.
- They have a special love for arts and language and are highly passionate about pursuing the same.
- They have less patience and do not like to indulge in meaningless or senseless banter.
- They do not like to be treated or talked to as a subordinate or an inferior person.
- They have a lot of pride and that is what makes them arrogant at times.
- They can be secretive and mysterious and hide things.
- These people are easily affected by jealously and therefore may develop trust issues.
- They are always looking for adventure and new avenues and therefore are easily bored. This quality can spill into their relationships as well and they might not be the ideal candidates for a monogamous relationship.
- They can have temper tantrums and a poison tongue, such that what they say can be very hurtful.
- They have a sarcastic sense of humor and therefore tend to make very few friends who can understand this streak in them and can take it in their own stride.
So I guess I’m a little bit Sag and a little but O? Does that make me a Sago?
Some emo Lincoln loving for you
Hope everyone’s weekend is off to a fabulous start!
Taking food pics in front of co-workers: Yay or Nay?