It was so nice to have Monday off, especially when I woke up and saw it was dreary, gray and raining outside. Perfect sleeping in weather and excuse to do nothing! And do nothing, I did. I hung around on Monday morning taking care of some stuff around the house and cuddled with Lincoln.I had a dentist appointment in the afternoon so I took the entire day off to have some Tiffany time. I haven’t worked the past two Mondays, work next week on Monday, have off the next two after that (I don’t work Valentines Day and then it’s Presidents Day weekend) and then working regularly on Mondays will resume after that.
Lunch on Monday was inspired by this commercial
Has anyone else seen the commercials for Tuna The Wonderfish? They make me smile each time I see them.
Back to lunch—tuna melts with sweet potato fries.
I took chopped red onion and sweet peppers with packet of dijon mustard and mayo and mixed together with black pepper and ground mustard and spread on bread then topped with shredded cheese and broiled for 7 minutes. I had Alexia sweet potato fries cooking as well at the same time.
Big lunch? Hell yes. I had a dentist appointment at 1:30P to get a crown so I wasn’t sure when I would be able to eat again.
Let’s talk about crowns.
I thought a crown just went over your entire tooth like a casing. I did not know they had to shave down your tooth and that it would then act as your tooth. When they told me that, I wanted to up and leave but had to go through with it since it was for the tooth that I got a root canal on the other day. The entire process took about two hours, with them shaving down my tooth, molding the permanent crown (that they had to send out and will come back in a couple of weeks), molding the temporary crown and cementing the temporary one. Did I mention the tooth it was for my top front tooth? Oh no, I didn’t. I made the mistake of using the restroom between shaving down the tooth and replacing with the temporary and I looked like a man named Vlad who plays hockey. I almost started crying right there in the bathroom since my effin front tooth was gone!!! But, had to keep on truckin and wait to get the temporary put on. They finally finished up with that and booked another appointment to get the permanent crown on in a few weeks so let’s hope my tooth doesn’t fall out between now and then. Plus my dentist prescribed me some more vitamin v without me even asking for it! They want me to get a bunch of crowns and I know my teeth are bad from not going to the dentist for eight years (yea, you read that right) but with them costing $750 a pop, I think I am going to get a second opinion because I really don’t have a spare $5000 set aside just for my teeth.
The rest of the night was a blur. I had a whole bunch of advil in my system and felt blah. My dentist was sneezing up a storm and I felt a bit sick as well. My nose wouldn’t stop running and I was sneezing every other minute. Suffice to say, I didn’t feel like cooking up dinner so if you’re looking for a healthy dinner with veggies incorporated I’ll just stop you now. Dinner was some quick comfort food-noodles and pudding.
Calci-Yum indeed! Note there is no picture of the pudding because I ate it up so quickly. It’s been ages since I’ve made instant pudding but was searching through my cupboards for something soft to eat and saw the package sitting there all lonely.
And just a note to myself, even though it’s been awhile, Lincoln still likes to eat paper so take the tissues with you when you get up
Day 6: Write 30 Interesting facts about you
Well, here we go
1) I hate revolving doors
2) I’ve lived in five states (IN, FL, WV, AZ & NC) and long to live in a few more
3) I hate numbers but work in the finance field
4) I have a major fear of going to prison. Mostly b/c of scary women’s prison movies I watched as a kid also b/c I would either be turned inside out within the first day or become the queen bee. I don’t know which one would be worse.
5) I don’t know how people can drop $100 on a top or pair of pants. I have no issue shopping at thrift stores, even if I do have the income to shop at normal stores.
6) I don’t trust men who own cats
7) I love all things coffee and Starbucks isn’t my favorite coffee, it’s just the most convenient place for me. I’d much rather support a local coffee-house
8 ) I’m a hippie on the inside.
9) I hate when people say “No regrets” I have a lot of regrets, I will admit that right now. Do I dwell on them every day and think what I could have done differently? No. But still, I have a lot of regrets.
10) I wish I was a nicer person in college and soon after. I’ve changed a lot and while I still have a mean streak for some people, I’m alot nicer than I used to be
11) I love midgets. Not sexually or anything, I just think they rock.
12) I’m not a PC person and will still call them midgies
13) I love crude humor think Family Guy, Dave Attell, Tosh, etc.
14) Red and black are my favorite color combination
15) I can’t go to bed if there is a sink full of dirty dishes
16) I miss my old apartment very much. I miss having carpet, storage space, a big kitchen, a bath tub, a home that actually warms up instead of feeling like I am in Antarctica all the time and a place that feels like home. The current house I like in is not home and I thought I would like it because of the location but I really dislike it and don’t feel like Lincoln is too keen on it either.
17) I can be a bit self involved at times
18) I wish I could go back to college and kick my advisor in the nuts.
19) I turn everything into songs (if you can’t tell by a lot of my post titles). The other day at work I walked up to a cube where two of my teammates were talking and said “Oh, sorry, is this a private conversation?” Then I broke into “Privaaaaaate Convo, a convo ’bout money” obviously to the tune of Tina Turner’s “Private Dancer” I can’t help it, it’s what I do.
20) My first car was a blue ’87 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera AKA The Smurfmobile
21) I have two older sisters but always wished I had an older brother as well
22) I have a problem with authority
23) I know how to crochet
24) I will eat anything except for curry. The smell of it completely turns me off
25) I wish I could buy a doggie ranch where all dogs would be welcome–it would be called “Ruff Life”. They could run free, be happy, get doggie messages, have nap time and would have an all around great time
26) After my college days, I have absolutely no desire to ever drink an Alabama Slammer ever again in my life
27) I am of Polish, Croatian and Italian background
28) The first movie I remember seeing in a theater was Police Academy
29) My first cassette I ever bought was Lisa Lisa and The Cult Jam “Spanish Fly” and first cd Lenny Kravitz “Are you gonna go my way?”
30) McDonalds has the best Coke ever. I don’t know what they lace it with but if I go to McDonalds, I must have their Coke.
So there you go-some interesting or non interesting stuff about me.
Has anyone else ever tried this tea? I bought this at Ross on a whim since I love anything chocolate + mint
It’s quickly becoming one of my favorites which is weird since I’m totally not a tea girl. I can’t help but giggle every time I hear the term tea bag, you know since I’m 14 y/o and all…..
Anyone else out there with crowns? Crowners unite!!
If you’re a hot tea person-what’s your favorite kind? I’m open to suggestions….