Happy Frickin Friday!!! Yet again, I am so happy Friday is here! I have no plans this wknd except running errands, laying out, cooking and oh yeah, working yet again. Normally I would be really pissed off but I will be getting OT pay and the opportunity to get a lot done without any distractions so it won’t be too bad. Having two people out of the office most of this wk really took a hit on me and my workload. I wasn’t able to get as much done as I normally did, couldn’t drink any water during the day (I usually drink about 100-120 oz at work alone) because I was too busy to pee. Sad huh? I can go in tomorrow or Sunday from noon to six when our systems will be up and running and think tomorrow is going to be the day. The only thing I don’t like is the bus doesn’t run during the wknd so I have to drive up and pay for parking. There is a lot almost a mile away that’s $3 so I normally park there and get a little walking in.
I had Trader Joe’s Apricot Mango Greek Yogurt with blueberries, Trader Joe’s Blueberry Flax and Coconut Granola for breakfast
Come to think about it, I haven’t been to TJ’s in a week now. WTF? I must really be stressed out because there is no excuse for that!
The weatherman said it was going to be close to 90 today so that called for a Venti Iced Coffee with Skim milk and 2 splendas.
Our weatherman’s name is Larry Sprinkle. How frickin cool is that? LOL
I didn’t get a chance to pack a lunch last night so was on a search to find an affordable and not too unhealthy lunch. When I went to Quizno’s last wk I saw a sign for a pick two option so strolled down there to check it out. You can get a salad, soup, bullet or torpedo sub (the difference between the last two? No clue) for only $5!! Holla if ya nasty. I went with a Pesto Turkey Bullet and the Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Salad
Why haven’t I tried either one of these before? Both were great. The sandwich was just big enough to satisfy me but not overload me. The salad was tasty and the dressing had a bit of a kick to it. And look at those pieces of breads. Me love carbs long time.
I did get to stop by the hippies but didn’t get too much stuff. The fruit wasn’t looking to good neither was the okra which was a bummer so I got my normal staples of peppers, tomatoes, apple, orange, zucchini, cucumbers, onion and organic spinach (not pictured)
I stayed at work a bit late so the bus was empty and the ride home tolerable. I was starting to do all the math in my head having 11 hour of OT the past two wks and what that will add up to in the next paycheck and what I can spend it on. Odds are it’s going to be some clothes for when I go to NYC in July and heartworm meds for Lincoln. Exciting, I know.
Dinner was nothing extravagant but tasty. I cut up a pork chop I had in the fridge and marinated in John Boy and Billy’s Grillin Sauce. This is like liquid crack to me.
My plate o’ meat
And another round of salad loving–I had a BIG Salad with organic spring mix, carrots, cucumbers, red onions, peppers, tomatoes, feta cheese topped with Ken’s Lite Honey Mustard
I saw these 25 questions on April’s page and loved it. It’s Friday night, I’m sitting at home with my dog and like answering questions-so why not?
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Closed. I have too much random stuff in there I never leave them open since God knows what Lincoln will get into.
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels? Hells yeah. I’m paying for it so why not? I clean house too (not literally!!) but take the coffee, shampoos, shower caps, soap etc. I leave a nice tip though 🙂
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? I’ve never like top sheets and don’t sleep with them. I’m weird I know.
4. Would you rather be attacked by a bear or a swarm of bees? Bear for sure, I would it to be quick.
5. Do you have freckles? Not really. A few sun spots here and then but not frecklelicious at all
6. What is your biggest pet peeve? People who lack common courtesy
7. Have you ever peed in the woods? I think I’ve only done this once and it was last yr at the Jimmy Buffett concert.
8. Do you ever dance if there’s no music playing? Sheesh, I dance to the music in my head!
9. Do you chew your pens and pencils? Negative.
10. Is it okay for guys to wear pink? In my book, no. I want a man who can change my oil, throw down, drink beer and be a man not one who wears pastels better than I do.
11. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Sweet N Sour
12. What is your favorite food? Sushi!
13. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? There’s Something About Mary, Centerstage, Muppets Take Manhattan, Any Given Friday, Goodfellas and Shallow Hal to name a few.
14. Were you ever a boy/girl scout? I was for like seven years I believe.
15. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? If I had a better body yes. But then again, if I had a better body I would wear a bikini and high heels every day and tell people to come see how good I look.
16. Can you change the oil on a car? No, that’s why we have places that do that.
17. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? Too many. But not one in over two yrs—knock on wood!!!
18. Ever ran out of gas? Nope
19. Are you lazy? I have lazy spurts but I can’t sit around for too long because I get bored or antcy
20. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? Oh yeah, I loved it.
21. How many languages can you speak? Mostly English but can read some spanish here and then. I am a super fast talker but can’t speak spanish because ironically enough, it’s too fast for me.
22. Who is better…Leno or Letterman? Gotta go with my Indiana guy–Letterman!!
23. Do you sing in the car? Alone, yes. With others, hells no.
24. Ever eat a pierogi? Yes and even make them!
25. First concert? Violent Femmes and G Love!
Lincoln and I went for a nice walk then stopped at my neighbors for a couple of hours. She has a cocker spaniel so while they played we bonded and had some TLC……the channel that is. We starting watching “Say Yes To The Dress” which I’ve never seen but now love. This right here is why I miss cable. Do I want to pay an extra $80 a month to have programs like this? Hells no. My mind may change when I get a raise though!!
Hope everyone’s wknd is off to a great start!